Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wheres my roof?




Hi everyone, well the latest thing to happen is the roof has been done. Been a complete nightmare really. They werent meant to remove all the shingles but as you can see that ddint happen! Firstly they didnt remove any and put the new tin directly onto the shingles. I called up that night and the next day they had to remove the tin off the roof again, however then they went the other way and removed all the shingles off. I had only asked them to cut sections of them off. My building designer said they did me favour and he is probably right, however it was a shock to see the original roof removed. I have salvaged a large amount of shingles to use in my kitchen as features, I think it will look really nice. I feel the roofers have done a rushed job. I guess they are roofers and not restorers. These guys now days dont deal with many jobs like mine and I would say they havent done the neatest job. My shed and ceiling is covered in dust, dirt and bird poop. The sisalation isnt very neatly done....etc..... it has been a big stress, and I was paying them so i wouldnt have to stress!!! oh well.



No comments: