Saturday, June 16, 2012

All ready to paint and put together!

Well as always the holidays go by very quickly. The first few photos are of the old weather boards i reclaimed from when i redid the east facing wall. It was a lot of work as they were first covered in red oxide then oiled who knows how many times. I washed, scraped, planed, sanded, sanded, sanded, sanded and sanded, then had to clean all my tools! but i think the end product is pretty amazing. I love how the old sump oil stained the wood and i still kept a hint of the rough saw marks. I didn't want to keep all of the saw marks as it made the room look too stripy. I love reusing the old timber, saved me a lot of money. These holidays and I think the second time in all my life i maxed the credit card out! So i will be glad to start school again next week and watch my bank balance recover... until the next holidays. 




This is a dummy run of my apple crate book shelf.....


I decided to paint my second storey doors..... when i did down stairs and was faced with painting 12 it was too daunting.... for some funny reason i made the bathroom door 720mm wide... when a normal door is 820mm wide.... the room is 2.1m by 2.5... so i didn't really need to do it but i am sure i thought i had a good reason at the time.... oh well...


Plasterer is now finished! So now it is time to paint. I am not overjoyed with some of the joins but with all the set joints at funny angles to each other it is pretty hard to do. I purchased some thing called StrainghtFlex which did a terrific job on the joins and i would recommend it to anyone wanting not to use cornices but he ran out and used paper tape instead which didn't give such a good finish.... oh well c'est la vie.  Just don't look to hard when you visit : )



So the doors are painted, architraves and skirtings are ready... all i have to do is paint and put it all together!  

No comments: