Well, the school holidays came and as usual I had a project I really wanted to finish. These holidays the focus was on finishing the front. There are a few things to do but I really wanted to get the last decking board down and shingle the panels. I had a vision how i would like it too look and I am glad to say it turned out better than i expected. I am pretty chuffed with the end result. Still need a capping board to cover the top row of nails but I'll get to that later.
|I wasn't sure if I should even bother with wall wrap but it is what i put everywhere else... so why not. Later i discovered that in America they have the wall wrap and tar paper over the top of the ply board.|
|Lots of shingles. I used up 500 shingles and discarded 500. They are from the roof of the shed when I had the roof redone. They are about 50 years old. I still have a heap left.|
|I had to wire brush the front and back of each one.|
|Griffin helped a lot during the build. He came and helped me each day. It was great bonding with him.|
|Griffin was not the only one to help : )|
|Heather helping me decide on the height of the light.|